The Department Today
Over the years, such famous scientists as Academician V.A. Lazarian, Professor A.I. Grdina, Professor N.P. Grishkova-Dinnik worked at the department.
The department is one of the leading organizations in the dynamics of the ropes, the theory of elasticity, dynamics and strength of mining and transport machines and structures. Over the last 25 years research the laboratory of dynamics and strength of the supporting structures of artificial structures of mining enterprises operates as adepartment branch.
The results of scientific research are introduced at many mining companies.
Technological line for the production of rubber-cable ropes, which operates at PJSC "Kryvyi Rih Iron Ore Plant" in Kryvyi Rih.
Mine tower of the mine "Hvardiyska-2" (Kryvyi Rih).
In 2018, the department opened a new educational and professional program "Lifting systems and industrial hoisting equipment" within the specialty 132 "Materials Science", and recruited students.
- teaching of fundamental scientific subjects that are among the standard for most specialties (theoretical mechanics, strength of materials, engineering mechanics, applied mechanics, structural mechanics, analytical dynamics, calculation of load-bearing structural elements of mining machinery enterprises);
- development of modern scientific and methodological support of educational process;
- conducting research on the state budget themes: "Scientific and applied principles of creation of modern hoisting and transport installations with humorous traction bodies" 2017-2019, scientific adviser - doctor of technical sciences, prof. Samusya V.I. and "Scientific and applied principles of creation and engineering support of operation of hoisting-and-transport machines with flat traction-bearing bodies with application of CALS-technologies" 2018-2020, scientific adviser - doctor of technical sciences, associate professor Kolosov D.L.;
- expansion of international relations by entering into international scientific programs, participation in international symposia and conferences;
- organization of independent work, self-development skills, educational work.
Over the years the department submitted 16 doctoral and 93 Ph.D. theses, published 12 monographs and books, received 78 patents.